Thursday, July 29, 2010

Green Light: The Ticket Has Been Issued!

It took working with nine different American Airlines representatives and an average on one hour total "talk time" with each agent, call backs, arguing, cajoling, biting my tongue, emails to customer relations and more patience than I thought I had, but the ticket has been issued. Who would have thought that all of this could be done with an e-ticket? Even I was amazed and maybe a tad nervous. The total cost: 220, 000 American Airlines Advantage frequent flyer miles and $626.50 for taxes, security fees and the like as well as a $20.00 airline ticketing fee. I emailed a complaint to AA regarding the ticket fee since their website prohibits booking an around-the-world (a.k.a. "complex reservation") ticket by the consumer, thus there's no alternative but to work with their representatives. The complaint fell on deaf ears according to the response. Whatever!