Monday, October 25, 2010

Even Rainy Days Can Be Fun - A Ferry Ride to Watsons Bay



There were a few days of on/off rain and I wasn't about to let it interfere with the fun I was having so I decided to hop on a Sydney ferry for the 20 minute ride to Watsons Bay. There was a very brief stop at Garden Island. (See map). We arrived around 11:30 a.m. and everyone headed immediately to Doyles, a famous beach-front seafood restaurant that's been around for something like 124 years. The kiosk on the wharf was where everyone headed for their take-away order of fish & chips (the main restaurant was closed for renovation). I did too. Frankly, the entree wasn't that good; I found the same thing at the Circular Quay restaurant City Extra to be better and less expensive, albeit a "snack" portion. Travel to/fro was on a "Supercat" and I was glad I dressed warmly and with a windbreaker! We were at Watsons Bay for an hour and a half. It was fun being out on the water and seeing some of Sydney Harbour.