Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Singapore and my First Air B&B Experience




There are clearly advantages to staying with young hosts. My arrival in Singapore was late and by the time I got to where I was staying it was even later. Both Daniel and Chin were awake and watching TV. We chatted for a little while before I finally indicated that the bed was calling me since my "body time" was actually 3:30 a.m. (local time being 12:30 a.m.)

This was my first experience using Air B&B and I'd certainly recommend it to anyone traveling at home or abroad. Daniel & Chin turned out to be wonderful hosts (they've been together five years) and were kind enough to spend time one evening taking me to Ichiban Boshi, a Japanese restaurant they enjoy and on the day of my departure, Chin cooked a wonderful fish lunch. They're condo is super tidy, they monitor electricity usage carefully (since it's very expensive in Asia) and the amenities include a beautiful outdoor swimming pool which I was happy to enjoy! And they are right next to the Redhill MRT train station which made transportation to/from the city very easy! I certainly enjoyed their company and hopefully didn't bore them too much especially since I could easily be the age of their parents. If I did bore them then they were kind enough to act as though I didn't. My thanks to them both for making me feel welcome! (I offered to reciprocate, however, neither of them care much for cold weather).