Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Some Notes from the HKG Airport

Dear Blog Followers & Friends,

The internet access while in HKG has been hit and miss so I decided to head for the airport early this afternoon so I could hang out in the Cathay Pacific business class lounge and use their internet service. I arrived at 3:15 p.m. and my flight for Johannesburg doesn't leave until 11:45 p.m. I should be able to get caught up on a lot of things.

Thanks to those who have sent emails to indicate they're following the blog, offering support, saying that I'm missed, and such. Always nice to feel the connection with everyone back in the States.

I just happened to read the news today and get a glimpse of the changing political landscape that awaits me should I return (haha on the "should"). It has been refreshing not to have to hear about it all these past few weeks. Amazingly I've only had a few people ask me about American politics.

So far I've ranked my experience in Singapore as #1. It was exciting to visit a new city in depth (previous airport visits as a transit passenger only count for "been there" but certainly not the "done that." Accommodation-wise it was also the best and Daniel & Chin were really really super nice. I'll be interested to see how things turn out in South Africa at the Zebra Crossing Lodge! (Just as long as they're quiet while crossing).

I did purchase another small suitcase while in HKG. It makes things easier, although I'll have to switch more weight from the big one to the small one. The case only cost me US$14.00 which made me laugh at how cheap the cost. Hope it holds up for the remainder of the trip.

Today is day 16 with 18 remaining. The time is going by rather quickly. Living out of a suitcase isn't much fun, nor is having to be frugal ... it's so ... monastic ! Ha ha ha ha!

Will see how the internet access is in Cape Town but at least I think we're pretty well caught up for the present.

Thanks again for following me and again for your emails, sorry I'm not able to reply directly to everyone.