Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday at Kirstenbosch Garden & the Beaches







The Kirstenbosch national botanical garden was where I spent my Sunday morning. A beautiful sunny day with blue skies brought lots of people to the garden for viewing and a picnic lunch as well. The photos show a wide array of the indigenous flora of southern Africa.

As much as I love gardens and flowers, after two hours I decided to move on for some beach time. I visited Camps Bay, Bantry Bay, Sea Point and Three Anchors Bay. I did not visit the nude beach at Sandy Bay. The African sun is way to intense for that (haha) and I didn't want to end up leaving shortly for London with a sunburn. Real estate along this stretch of Cape Town is very expensive. It's an area where the rich & famous, the models and model-wannabe-types hang out. It reminded me of South Beach in Miami. Since I arrived around lunch time I thought briefly about dining at one of the fancy restaurants along the strip until I saw the prices. A quick visit to a corner grocery store and out I came with a loaf of French bread, some Gouda cheese and a Coca cola light. Picnic lunch at the beach. Perfect.