Sunday, November 21, 2010

Return to the United States

After a five-hour flight from Easter Island, a two-hour connection in Santiago and an eight-hour flight to Miami (business class all the way, thankfully) I have returned to the U.S. Even the customs and immigration people were impressed with my itinerary (all countries visited must be listed on the arrival document) when I passed through their station.

Again, I'm hanging out in the American Airlines Admirals Club lounge -- all day long, waiting for my flight this evening to the Twin Cities. The flight arrived here at 05:00 and my departure this evening is 7:10 p.m. You recall how happy George Clooney's character (in the movie Up In The Air) is traveling and being in airports and airplanes and airline lounges? Well, I cannot see myself living that kind of life.

Despite being "back" I'll still be posting entries here on the blog for a while longer. You'll still be able to have access to the site for a long time to come.